Saturday, March 28, 2009

'Didn't Just Kiss Her' Rapidly Becoming a Lesbian Classic Number

I am lossed over the ruckus. When I first heard Katy Perry's 'I Kissed A Girl- and Liked It,' I thought it was a coming out Lesbian song that would capture the heart and soul of the GLBT community. Well, not exactly, Mr. Prescient One. Seems that some thought it was homophobic, intimating or implying that maybe there was something wrong about a girl kissing a girl.

For sure, that is what Jen Foster, an out award winning Lesbian songwriter thought, and she has gone out and created a new retort song, declaring that "I Didn't Just Kiss Her," flat out saying she went all the way. Shows you what I know. It is not on video yet, and the vocals seem a little distorted, but here it is for you to get the fair and full context of this developing battle:



Now I come here neutrally. I think both songs are good. But just days after Jen Foster posted this song on line, it has already been played more than 20,000 times, and has been featured on radio station playlists around the country.

“I had no idea it would take off like this,” says Foster, who admits she wrote the song as a witty, sexually-charged, tongue-in-cheek response to Perry’s wildly popular “I Kissed A Girl”.

“It just seemed like there was probably more to it, you know? I thought this would be a good way to tell the other side of the story.” A club remix is in the works; a video is planned.

I don't know that the two will square off on American Idol, but it is just one more example of how Lesbians are playing a more powerful role in openly defining their identities in a positive light. Good for you, congratulations to Jen, and let the war of musical words begin! Can't wait for the video. Hope they send us a press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment